15 Things You Need To Know About John Krasinski
Back in 2005, the world swooned for The Office‘s sweet, dorky Jim Halpert. A large part of the fascination was because of actor John Krasinski, who played the adorable Jim. You may be wondering where John has been since The Office? Well here are some things you need know about John Krasinski!
1. The first thing John asked when he landed the role of Jim, was if Jenna Fischer was going to play his love interest Pam.
Jenna asked the same thing of John. Awww.
2. John was the creative genius responsible for The Office‘s opening credits, even capturing a lot of the footage himself.
3. John and BJ Novak go way back! They went to the same high school and played Little League together.
4. During college, John interned as a script writer for Late Night with Conan O’Brien.
5. John says it was love at first sight when he met his wife, Emily Blunt.
“It was one of those things where I wasn’t really looking for a relationship,” John explained. “Then I met her and I was so nervous. I was like …. ‘I think I’m going to fall in love with her.’ As I shook her hand I went, ‘I like you.’”
6. John says the body transformation needed to play a Navy SEAL in 13 Hours: The Secret Soldiers of Benghazi, was absolutely brutal!
7. While the audience was impressed with his new rig, John says Emily isn’t a fan.
“She hates it. She would way prefer to have doughy guy back.” John told Stephen Colbert
8. The adorable couple have two daughters named Hazel and Violet.
Emily explained that the pair both “really like old lady names.”
9. His very first ever on-screen kiss was with Jenna on The Office.
10. John admitted meeting Chris Hemsworth on set during his screen test for the role of Captain America/Steve Rogers made him very intimidated.
We don’t blame you, that bod is insane!
11. He directed a few of The Office episodes as well as a film called The Hollars.
12. His talents are not limited to but do include a marionette impression!
13. John, Emily and Stephen Merchant came up with the idea for Lip Sync Battle.